by Lis Whiting
LoveOctober is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I am an ovarian cancer survivor. During my chemotherapy sessions I met another cancer patient names Pat. She and I would become friends and allies in our battles with cancer. She had a calm grace about her and always had a smile. I would like to dedicate this card to Pat, whose strength amazed me, whose family drew strength from love and whose friendship I shall treasure always.
- Paper and Cardstock
- Bazzill Bling, String of Pearls, 5 ½” x 8 ½” ( BAZ-BL-801 $0.69)
The Websters Pages combo pack papers I used (Postcards from Paris and Sweet as Cherry Pie) are not currently available;
- Substitute Websters Pages, Seaside Retreat/Garden Gala/Nature's Story pad ( WEB-6x6-WPK17 $6.99)
- Cut selected papers to:
- 4” x 5 1/4” for inside of card
- 2 panels, each 2" x 5 1/4” for the front of the card
- 4 sheets at 3” x 3” for punching
- Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card, Music ( IO-CLG-CC029 $11.99)
- Distress Inks
- Brushed Corduroy ( RAN-DP-Cord $5.00)
- Aged Mahogany ( RAN-DP-Mahog $5.00)
- Black Soot ( RAN-DP-Soot $5.00)
- Kaiser Craft Pearls, Champagne ( KAI-PRL-714 $1.99)
- Basic Grey Basics, Manila Micro Monograms ( BG-S-BAS-2573 $$1.59)
- Prima Letter Roses, Quartz ( PRI-ROS3-542757 $3.99)
- Fiskars Paper Trimmer ( FIK-trim-12port $20.99)
- Suzi Craft Mat ( suz-crftsht-sm $8.99)
- Tim Holtz's Ink Blending tool ( RAN-TIM-Blend $4.99)
- Marvy Punches, MEGA Scalloped Heart ( MAR-Meg-ScHrt $17.99)
- Marvy Punches, Super Jumbo Scalloped Heart ( MAR-SJ-ScHrt $13.99)
- McGill Vintage Label Lever Punch ( McG-LP-69006L $16.99)
- The Scor-Pal ( Scor-pal $39.99)
- 6"x6" Acrylic block ( SUN-AB-6x6 $9.50)
Using the Score-Pal, score one line at 2 1/8” from each side of the bling cardstock.
The score lines will be 5 1/2” long and will go vertically from top to bottom of the card.
The card will open from the center.
Using your craft mat and ink blending tool, blend Aged Mahogany ink on the edges of the two Webster front panels.
Ink the Music stamp with Black Soot ink.
Take a paper towel and swipe gently in places to remove some or all the ink.
This will add to the vintage look of this card.
- Mount the panels onto your card base.
- Punch out:
- Two large scallop hearts (brown and blue)
- One smaller scallop heart (striped paper)
Using the Vintage Label Punch from McGill punch once with blue paper and once with brown/goldish paper.
Use the blue larger and the brown smaller oval labels for this card.
- Using a craft mat and blending tool, blend Brushed Corduroy around the edges of all four punched pieces.
- To add the heart medallion to your card follow these steps:
- First, protect your card by covering the right part of the card with scrap paper.
- Using a glue stick, put glue on the left half of the large punched brown heart.
Glue the left side of the heart to the card.
Put glue on the back of the blue heart (same sized one), and glue the entire heart to the back of the one that you just glued to the card.
This will cover up the back side of the first heart and also be a pretty accent on the inside of your card.
- To Finish the front of the card: