Friday, July 01, 2011

Beach Themed Goodies (Design Team Project)

by Anne Harada

Beach Themed Goodies



Hi Everyone!

I have a collection of beach-themed projects to share with you this month! All of the materials can be found at Fran’s amazing store "Frantic Stamper Inc."! These include miniature dyed sea shells from Sealife Treasures; Photo Gems (so cool!), die cuts and glitter rub-ons from Paper House Productions, fun netting ribbon and Cosmo Cricket "Salt Air" Mini Deck and Ready Set Chip Board.  So much fun!



First I made a luggage tag by covering scrap cardboard with the Salt Air DP and cutting out two tag shapes.  I used a Nesti die to cut a window out of one of the tag shapes then adhered a piece of acetate to the back.  I applied red-lined tape to the sides, then added two eyelets to the bottom to hold the tag pieces together.  Next I added two more eyelets to the top corners of the front tag piece only.  This photo shows how the top part with the eyelets stays separated from the back tag piece.



By adding eyelets to the front tag piece only, a gap is created that will be just wide enough to slide a label in and out of the tag easily.  Next, I removed the backing from the red-line tape, sealed the sides together, and the tag was ready to embellish.  This tag could be used for luggage, a child's lunch box, backpack or even a purse!  Simply slip in your information or note and it's ready to go! Next I made a couple of easy key chains.  Both of these are made with Tim Holtz acrylic Fragments that come with a hole perfect for adding on a chain.  The little chains are Tim Holtz Swivel Clasps. 

This first key chain is simply a single "Photo Gem" sticker that I applied to the round TH Fragment.  The stickers are dimensional, epoxy coated photo quality images that are really fun to play with!  




For the second key chain, I glued Salt Air DP to the back of the Fragment piece using Crystal Effects.  I added a "Beach Comber" glitter rub-on (the starfish image) and then used E-6000 glue to adhere the cute little sea shells.  I added some letter stickers and it was done!




Finally, this little altered bucket and matching card:



I used Cosmo Cricket Salt Air DP, coordinating Chip Board pieces and some fun ribbon netting from Fran's store. 

To cover the flared shape of the little bucket, I cut a length of DP to fit around the bucket, then cut strips up from the bottom all the way up, to about 1/4" from the top of the DP.  I glued the uncut top edge to the top of the bucket just under the top lip, then glued each strip down, overlapping them as necessary to accommodate the flair.



I used the negative piece of the  "window" that I had cut out with a Nestie from the (above) luggage tag project as my bucket handle.  (I had to cut a second one for the back side to match!)  I glued the top of the labels together using E-6000 glue, then slid it over the handle and decorated each side.



For this side of the bucket, I used another TH Fragment and an awesome, real starfish by Sealife Treasures on the label.  The base of the bucket is embellished with more of the fun netting, little seashells, faux gems and chipboard pieces. 



This is the reverse side of the bucket -- more seashells, faux gems and chipboard embellishing!



My favorite part was gluing some of the little shells to the inside, bottom of the bucket as a little surprise for the recipient!


All the embellishments used on these projects can be found in Fran’s store!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Anne

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE what you have done here. I like your creativity and the color combo that you have used. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete