Friday, March 29, 2013

Plaid, Day 1 (Sharon Jeffs)


About a year ago a plan was proposed to the then new Frantic Stamper Design Team; It was all about Plaid. The team was to use various techniques to make their own plaid papers, and then they were to use those plaids to make projects to share. But not only were they going to share the projects, they were going to share the techniques for making the plaids.

Unfortunately, the projects came in later than others, making some of the earliest projects seem untimely. So we held the project back until now, when the projects "fit" the times a little better. We think we have some pretty fun stuff to share, and we think the time is now. We hope you'll agree.

Today, we have Sharon Jeffs' contributions. Enjoy!



My Plaids
by Sharon Jeffs




To make the plaid on this card I inked Frantic Stamper's line stamps with Distress ink and stamped them. Once dry, I stamped the thin lines using Picket Fence Distress Stain.





For my second try with the plaid I decided to do a very similar thing to my first card with the distress inks but instead of adding in Picket Fence lines, I decided to spritz the whole background with water and once it began to bleed out I dried it.





I loved the idea of card three straight away.  I originally was going to use strips of JAC paper and glitter to create a plaid but then re-discovered my Distress embossing powders this week and decided to have a go with these.  I first colored the background paper though with Tattered Rose Distress Ink to give a vintage feel to the paper.





For my fourth and final card I decided it would be fun to play on encaustic art and so I hand drew my lines with crayons then used a flat based iron to iron off the wax to leave a really unusual plaid.



I hope you have enjoyed my plaid projects. Please check back tomorrow for more plaid inspirations from other team members.

-Sharon

1 comment: