Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Joyous Mr. Penguin Card... (Kathy Berger)




A Joyous Mr. Penguin Card
by Kathy Berger


I wanted a fun and festive card to send to my daughter who is away at graduate school. She was in the midst of finals, so I wanted to send her something that would brighten her day. I thought a card featuring Mr. Penguin would definitely fit the bill!

I cut Mr. Penguin from white card-stock and then used my Copic Markers on the parts that required color; black for his body, red for his hat and scarf, and orange for his bill and feet (They could have been cut from individual colors but I didn't have any orange left after Halloween, and I like to color!) I then used a clear Wink of Stella glitter marker on all the parts. I assembled Mr. Penguin (using Tombow Mono Adhesive) and set him aside.

I sketched the letters "J" and "Y" onto a piece of scrap paper, making sure they would fit onto a 4"x5 1/2" card, then cut them out and traced them onto the back of my patterned papers, and cut them again. I also die-cut a couple of holly leaves and a berry cluster.

I glued all the pieces onto my card, including Mr. Penguin standing-in for the letter "O". I then trimmed my card with a wide border around the letters and the bird to make it into a shaped card.

I hope you will try a simple shaped card like this one sometime, too. It was a 'joy' (pun intended) to make, and I hope it was fun to receive, too!


Products Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment