Monday, March 24, 2014

La Femme Card, in Ten (Lis Whiting)



La Femme Card, in Ten
by Lis Whiting


I purchased the Loretta die from Frantic Stamper a while back. It reminded me of Paris and I have a fascination for that city (I also have the poodle but haven't used that yet.)  I pictured her walking down the Champs Élysées shopping for the latest fashion.  Today I finally decided to do a card for her.

I started with an ivory card base.  Sharon, another design team member, has been making some cards with a punched design on the side. I really like the look so I wanted that for this card also.  I added some burgundy suede paper ad a piece of Tim Holtz collage. 

I wanted Loretta to stand out so I decided to use this very glittery black with silver dot paper I had.  It turned out SO NICE! 

I was looking at the die cut and realized that the die had even cut a part for her hand that was on her waist! That was really cool!  I decided that Loretta needed a purse to hold because I wanted to highlight this little piece of 3-D. I cut a trapezoid (remember your geometry!) out of silver glitter paper and glued it under her hand. I also pushed the hand out a bit to make it stand out more. (Since the die cut is all one paper, I needed something separate to highlight the hand.)

Anyway, I think it turned out great!



I was thinking about the dress too.  There are actually crease lines for the dress on the die to emboss it.  I took some mounting tape and put it behind the skirt but only in the middle ...to poof it out a bit.



Thanks for stopping by!


Frantic Stamper Products Used:

2 comments:

  1. I love your rendition of a shopping spree in Paris! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete