Saturday, May 31, 2014

Journey (Lis Whiting)





Journey
by Lis Whiting


I live in an apartment and am fortunate to have a garage that comes with it.  Outside the door to the garage are Morning Glory plants that are about 6 feet high I think.  I grew up with Morning Glories so they bring back pleasant memories.

When I received my Frantic Stamper Vine Card Panel Die, I was so excited! First of all, I love these panel dies.  They are so versatile.  You can use them as overlays (which I did in this card), by themselves, in pieces on cards, as photo mounts for scrapbook pages. The uses are endless!

Anyway, back to my story! The Vine Card Panel die reminded me of those Morning Glories. So, I made a card that reminds me of the leaves and vines.

As you can see, I used the panel as an overlay. I chose one of those papers that you don't know what to do with that has a pretty design in one corner. The vine panel is open enough so that you can clearly see the paper design underneath. I left in a few of the leaf solids (Is that what we call them? LOL) and added some flowers and a touch of pearls.

I hope that you have a chance to get one of these card panel dies. They are just so much fun!




*** Materials for this project are available at www.franticstamper.com.

Frantic Stamper Precision Dies Used:

3 comments:

  1. I love this card, Lis. Simple, but just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lis! Love your color combination.

    ReplyDelete