Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Kanji (Lis Whiting)




Kanji
by Lis Whiting


I have always loved Asian themed cards. Perhaps it's the mystery of the Orient that draws me in, or maybe the colors. Either way, this is what inspired me to make today's card. I haven't made many Asian-inspired cards in a while but when I got Frantic Stamper's Fish Scales card Panel die, that's what I immediately thought of.  The die cut was so beautiful, I didn't really want to do too much.

My card started with a black card base with beige star dream card on top.  Underneath the die cut (which was cut out of blue foil card) is a piece of Yuzen Washi paper in red with gold flying cranes.  I die cut a Kanji character and mounted it on some of the same card I used for the main card.  I used some mizuhiki cord in gold and blue behind it.  I also cut out a leafy vine in gold glossy.




A simple card but very bold.  I hope you enjoyed it!


*** Materials for this project are available at www.franticstamper.com.

Frantic Stamper Precision Dies Used:

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Lis! I love Oriental things! My bathroom is done in Oriental with Bamboo plants, love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Lis, I love the effect with the background.

    ReplyDelete