Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Autumn Thanks Card (Ann Greenspan)





Autumn Thanks Card
by Ann Greenspan


My brother asked me to make some seasonal thank you cards that he could use to hand out to staff at the hospital he works at.  I wanted to make some masculine looking ones as well as the typical ones I make with flowers on them.  When I got the Large Thanks Frantic Stamper die (FRA-Die-09196) I knew it would look great on a card all by itself.

It seems like diagonals are very popular on cards these days, so I cut the Thanks die out of a rectangular piece of orange cardstock,  making sure it was centered all around.  I then adhered that orange rectangle to a brown diagonal strip that fit the card and let the brown show through where the die had been cut out.  I had plans to use the orange Thanks that had been cut out on another card.

After I adhered the diagonal to the card front, I then used a ruler and the thin end of a Brushed Corduroy Distress Marker to add a faux stitched look.

I was able to use the orange Thanks die cut on a second card which is below:





*** Materials for this project are available at www.franticstamper.com.

Frantic Stamper Precision Die Used:

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love them both - I love the effectiveness of a word layered as a negative image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards Ann! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete