Thursday, November 20, 2014

Butterflies in Flight (Lis Whiting)




Butterflies in Flight
by Lis Whiting



Today's card is inspired by the many butterfly paintings, cards and art projects that I'm seeing on the web.  I love all the butterfly cluster projects. Butterflies are so feminine and delicate.

I started by using Frantic Stamper's Petite Butterflies. I love this die for two reasons: 1-everything is on a single flat die which means I can't lose little pieces, and 2-there are three sizes of butterflies!   I die cut my butterflies using blue sticker foil. I prepared the sticker foil by adding it to plain card stock and then embossing it.  I cu two sets of butterflies. I didn't use the butterfly bodies that are also on the die (how nice!).



To prepare my card, all I did was to choose a pretty blue pattern paper (DCWV) and cut another card panel (Daisy Circles) out of white shimmer paper.  I layered this onto a white card stock base.

I arranged the butterflies, largest at the bottom and smallest at the top, few at the bottom and more at the top.  I also had them flying slightly to the left.  I attached my butterflies with a drop of liquid glue in the center so that the wings could be folded up.



I hope you enjoyed my butterfly card.



*** Materials for this project are available at www.franticstamper.com.

Frantic Stamper precision Dies Used:

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear. Your butterfly card is fabulous. Love the background and the butterflies are so fantastic !!! Great idea to emboss the foil on cardstock before cutting them out.
    Thank you for sharing this lovely card.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lis, the sparkle on the butterflies just sets this card off, love the way you started large and tapered to small, very visual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lis, those blue butterflies are just striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Love the blue against the white panel.

    ReplyDelete