Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Happy Halloween, and more... (Kathy Berger)




Happy Halloween, and more...
by Kathy Berger


Hi again.

In the past few days I have shared two different cards using the Flip Card #1-Coved Label die, and I have shown you a way to create a long thin label using the same die. Both of the cards I shared were "Z-fold" cards. On these cards the card front is folded back on itself.

Today I am going to share a different style of card. For this card, the shape is cut out of the back of the card so that when the card is folded the tab sticks out beyond the fold, as you can see in the card above. The black tab behind the grave stone that sticks up at the top of this fun Halloween card was cut with the die. The grave stone itself was created using the stitched coved label that comes with the flip card die. It was cut from gray card stock, and then the bottom was cut off with a pair of scissors.

I cut the little ghosts that haunt the card using the Large Cute Ghost die out of both velum and white card stock. I layered them and glued them in place only where I attached the google eyes. To finish the card I added the Fun Happy Halloween cut in orange, making sure to let just a little bit of the vellum ghosts spills over onto it.

I had so much fun making that card that I decided to make another. This one is for a baby girl and uses the Baby Icons as decoration, along with pieces cut from a DCWV paper pack.



I almost forgot to mention that the finished card measures 4.25" x (almost) 5.5" and will fit into a standard card-sized envelope.

I think you might want to try making a card like this one, too. If so, you can get your template here.


*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.

 
FRA-Die-09567
 
FRA-Die-09582
 
FRA-Die-09588
 
FRA-Die-09205


1 comment:

  1. Great demo's of the dies! Love the Baby Girl card!

    ReplyDelete