Friday, November 13, 2015

Love the Moment (Karen Letchworth, Guest Designer)




Love the Moment
by Karen Letchworth



Having been around for 50 years, I've learned that it's important to "love the moment".  So many times, we get so caught up in the chaos of life that we forget to slow down and enjoy the small things along the way.  Learning to love the moment brings us joy in the details of life, and I encourage you all to do the same.  Life really is about all the little things.




I made this card using a mish-mash of old patterned papers.  Then, I added some tags, some ribbons and laces, and then.....the star of the card - THE FLOWERS.  They were die-cut from wool felt and vintage lace using one of Frantic Stamper's Precision Dies called Large Layering Posies.  These awesome die-cuts went through the wool felt (and even the vintage lace) like a knife through warm butter!  They cut out so easily, and I simply layered them into the beautiful flowers you see on my card.  Down at the bottom right of the vellum tag, I added two more small flowers.  Those are the centers of this die-cut.  You get two sizes (two dies) in this one lovely set, and that gives you options.  I added some sweet little pearl gem stickers to the centers of my die-cut flowers.

Isn't it amazing how much dimension you can get from just this one small die cut?  It really is fun to use Frantic Stampers Precision Dies to cut more than just paper.  The options are truly endless.  They will cut through burlap, canvas, material, ......and even wool felt and lace.  It sure made making this card fun and easy.  I encourage you to check out all of Frantic Stamper's AMAZING Precision Dies.  You will quickly be as in love with them as I am, and you'll really find yourself "loving the moment" when you craft with them!


*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-09557

3 comments:

  1. Karen, definitely my style of card! Love the layered look and the flowers just set it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. Cause I love felt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card I love how you mixed the lace and felt.

    ReplyDelete