Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Embossing with a Die (Jen Carter)



So sorry to be late in posting our monthly Christmas Card. Sometimes life just gets in the way. Lol. Please enjoy Jen's card and wonderful technique...




Embossing with a Die
by Jen Carter


Welcome!  Today I have two cards to share and a video tutorial on how I completed the cards. I used an every day, non-holiday die and am using it to create holiday cards.



I started my aqua panel by cutting the frame with an Elementals #1die. I then used the USA Map die to cut the negative from the inside of the frame. This frame was popped up with dimensionals. I stamped four different sizes of snowflakes from the Round Christmas Vignettes stamp set with an Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder. I love the little shine it added to the card.

Jen Carter Merry Christmas USA Closeup 1

I explain in the video below how to emboss the inside of the map instead of cutting it out.  It is really quite easy using an embossing mat and your die cutting machine.  To create the banner I used one of the Wavy Banners dies and embossed the sentiment from Triangle Trees on it.  I spread the banner out on my card rather than tucking it under like I normally would.



Hopefully the video explained my process well!

Jen Carter Sending Happy Thoughts USA 1

This is the "fall" version of the Christmas card above, that I put together on the video.  I basically did the same thing as I did on the first card.  *On a side note, I have to add how much I like this patterned paper! We are in the process of painting our house navy blue with white trim and a yellow door!  I love the little blue house on this paper!

Jen Carter Sending Happy Thoughts USA Closeup

The sentiment on this card comes from the Scribble Flowers #1 stamp set. 


*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-09517
 
FRA-Die-09475
 
FRA-Die-09306
 
FRA-CL-027
 
FRA-CL-022
 
FRA-CL-010

No comments:

Post a Comment