Monday, May 02, 2016

Altering Dies (Kendra Sand)




Altering Dies

by Kendra

So I am in love with many of Frantic Stampers Dies!  And like many when I get them am SUPER excited to dive in and use them that sometimes I forget to sit back and first think "outside" the box!

When I was posting my tag using the Handmade with Love die a light bulb when off in my head!!

First, here is the tag I had created:



A beautiful tag to add to a handmade gift! The font of the handmade and love, I absolutely love!

But what if I wasn't giving a handmade gift but still wanted to use this die?

Well I decided to die cut the Handmade with Love die and alter it a little bit!  I carefully cut the "Love" away from the rest of the words so that I could create this beauty:



You would have never guessed the word Love was attached to other words!

I LOVE it!

This die can be used in so many other ways!



Another die I have altered a lot lately, is the fun Fishing Pole die.

Here's a look at the entire die:
Frantic Stamper Precision Die - Fishing Pole

Super fun die!  But keep in mind you don't always have to use the entire die. Look at what I did with this card:



I wanted to feature the awesome Fancy Fish die on this card!  What an amazing die!! I cut the die to make it look as though the fish was chasing the line!



Oh so fun!  I hope I have inspired you to sit back and look at your dies a little differently!!  Alter them a little!  Create new die cuts!!

Have a happy day!


*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-09855
 
FRA-Die-09882
 
FRA-Die-09877




No comments:

Post a Comment