For my card today I decided to create a shaker card. I took a piece of black cardstock and placed double sided tape on one side and then ran the panel through my die cutting machine, so that it would create a sticker. Then I was able to take the sticker panel and adhere it to a piece of acetate to create my shaker window.
If you watched our most recent slideshow video, A Day at the Beach, you saw several cards from Ginette Bourque, our newest special contributor. Her work is absolutely amazing! She finds ways to use multiple dies or parts of dies to add perfect details to her beautiful scenic cards.
Here are two more of her fabulous cards that she created for our Day at the Beach die release.
First up is a beautiful scene set with our new lighthouse as the star of the show.
Next we have our surfers riding a big wave. For this card Ginette started with a free image from the web, and modified it with WOW Glitter White (surf), Micro Beads White/Clear (surf), Stampendous Fun Flock (sand), Cork Sheet (beach), and Glassine paper (surf). Finally, she added our three surfers.
Today I am sharing a card using the Flip Flop die from the Vacation at the Beach release. This card also uses another die from this release called Life is Good. It contains the words Life, live, is, a, good, sweet.
I cut several sets in different colours and used them to make my background to sit the flip flops on. This is a great way to not only use word dies and scraps of card, but to create your own background paper. It makes these dies just so versatile.
Hi crafters! Say Hello (no pun intended) to one of Frantic Stampers recent release from the Retro Cool line. This super cute die is the Large Retro Telephone each piece is carefully designed to resemble an actual telephone. Super easy to use and piece together for a clean and fun card!
Hello! Today I have a card & video to share using die cut card panels as a way to create embossed frames & backgrounds on cards. I LOVE finding ways to get more use out of my stamping supplies! Using a die to cut & emboss is a wonderful way to get more bang for your buck! It makes the dies so versatile!
First up is a photo of the card I put together in the video.
I've used the Floral Eye Dazzler Card Panel Die to emboss the image onto the white background piece. I LOVE how this looks on the white paper! And the neat thing is that the back side of this paper looks equally cool only different (you can see that in the video). I used the Scribble Roses dies to create the flower and the cute "hugs" sentiment is from the Accessory Words #3 die set.
It took me a little while to come up with this idea. I knew I wanted to make a pretty card to show off the typewriter. I die cut the typewriter in brown and pushed out all the keys. I placed double sided tape on the back and cut another in white then placed it on top of the brown one and carefully using a pin pushed the white keys out onto the double sided tape below. I know I could have just used white card underneath but I wanted the keys to look like they were sitting above the base which I think I achieved doing it this way. I then cut a small piece of white card and carefully cut along the back of the typewriter so the paper looked like it was in the roller.
I chose some patterned paper with a retro feel and with a bit of red so I could accent it with the heart and XO from the Valentine Confetti die. I also used my absolute favourite Scalloped Border Trio die to cut the lacy edge. Add a contrasting brown bow and there you have a pretty card that shows off the typewriter beautifully.
This card was inspired by the colors. Soft peach, olive-y green, and just a bit of gray. My first step was to cut all the flowers. I cut them twice each, from peach and lime cardstock. I cut the leaves off the peach flowers and glued them on top of the lime ones. I placed the flowers where I wanted them, then watercolored some patches underneath. Once that panel dried, I glued all the flowers on and trimmed the edges. I stamped the Congratulations on a gray strip, and layered it and a scalloped piece on the flower panel. The whole flower panel is popped up, and I added some sequins last.