Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Snowy Forest Christmas Card





Snowy Forest Christmas Card
aby Kathy Berger

Christmas is over, but we want to try to renew our effort to publish a post featuring a Christmas card on the 25th of every month of the year. Today we would like to share a card by Kathy Berger, our design team leader and die designer. here is Kathy's post, in her words.


Once I have finished making my Mom's card I generally have an idea of what I will do for cards for other family members to whom I always send a special card. This year was no exception. I decided a snowy vista with the Snow Globe Church, the Northern Star, and Santa heading across the moon was in order, since Mom's card had similar elements.

I had recently seen some double z-fold cards and thought that fold would be perfect for my card. I decided to ensure that Santa would be visible only when the card was opened, and that when closed it would be a simple winter scene with the church as the focal point.

In order to make the 6" long edgers cut pieces that are long enough for the full width of the card which spans 8.5 inches I had to cut more than the 6" that the edgers can handle in a single pass. given the number of cards I was making and the number of pieces I would be cutting for each of them, I decided that cutting each piece with 2 passes was going to take too much time. I decided to fold the cardstock and cut it doubled over. I had to be a little careful about placement of the die so as to avoid having trees cut in ways that would rend them inusable. Also, note that the back side of the cardstock of one half of the trees will be visible, but it really didn't matter to me.t

All of the stars and the moon were painted with a light coat of glow in the dark paint. I think the children in my family members's lives will enjoy that little twist!

This card was my prototype. I ended up adding some of the houses from the Village series to the right side of the card, in front of the tree line, but barely behind the snow covered hills in my final version. I think overall the card came out well. I hope you agree!

We hope you will check back often as we start the new year with our new design team. We are really loving what we see them making and are looking forward to sharing it all with you!
*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.

Snow Globe Church

FRA-Die-09669

Hill With Pine Trees Edger

FRA-Die-09178
Evergreen Forest Edger
 
FRA-Die-09446

Stitched Scene Builder Edgers

FRA-Die-09403

Santa's Sleigh

FRA-Die-09622

Northern Star

FRA-Die-09246

Starfall Background

FRA-Die-09614

Script Merry Christmas

FRA-Die-09249

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely card! I love your take on the z-fold. So fun and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete