Hedgehog Love Cardby Mary Prasad
Here's a cute card that is perfect to tell someone you love them (or for Valentine's Day). It was created with the new March release Frantic Stamper dies and colored with Copic markers. The background can be varied in pattern by using different colors, or even subtle patterned papers, for the diamond shapes if desired. I used Wink of Stella to give the hearts and sentiment a subtle shine that looks great in person.
Here are the steps for making this card:
- Cut red cardstock 4 1/4 x 11 inches. Fold in half to form a 4 1/4 x 5 1/5 inch top folding card base.
- Cut 3 hearts and the word "Lovely" from red cardstock. Trim ends of "Lovely" to just "Love". Optional: coat each with clear Wink of Stella or other clear glitter pen. Add Glossy Accents to all and set aside to dry.
- Follow these instructions carefully. Cut a piece of clear double sided adhesive just a hair smaller than the size of the die. Die cut pink cardstock but leave the pieces in the die. You may need to use a metal cutting plate due to the detail. Remove one backing sheet on adhesive. Carefully line up and stick to die cut pieces. Be sure to rub all over, especially on the small triangles at the edges. You may even want to use your die pick to gently push the smaller pieces into the adhesive. Now remove the die cuts as one piece. You may have to replace a few stubborn pieces by hand. Stick to center of card front. Note: you could cut the clear double sided adhesive larger, then trim down after the pieces are in place.
- Add double sided adhesive to a piece of white cardstock just larger than the die. Die cut from cardstock side (so adhesive will be on the back). Remove white frame from die and carefully adhere over pink frame on card. Hint: I exposed the top part of the adhesive, cutting off the backing sheet just at the top, lined up the bottom and stuck the top down; then I removed the rest of the backing. This made it easier for me to line it all up.
- Die cut two copies of baby hedgehogs from alcohol marker friendly cardstock. On one copy of each, cut off the hair and discard the rest. These will be layered on top; color these with hair colors. On the full copies, color the hair parts in a mid or dark matching hair color so they won't be so noticeable under the top layer. Color the bodies. I used darker colors to fill in eyes and nose on each (lighter on the girl). To give them some dimension and shine, I used Tuxedo Black Pico Embellisher on the boy's eyes and nose and Desert Sand on the girl's (it is rather transparent so be sure to color with brown first).
- Adhere hair to each hedgehog using dimensional tape. Adhere hedgehogs to card front as shown using dimensional tape. Glue hearts and "Love" where shown.
*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.