Friday, August 18, 2017

Under Sea Card and Bookmark (Kathy Berger)




Under Sea Card and Bookmark
by Kathy Berger


My mom had a series of strokes last year. Her doctor recommended coloring as a form of therapy, and she now lives for coloring! When people visit her, she really wants them to color with her, too. She knows it is beneficial to her, so she wants to pass that benefit along to her loved ones.

I decided to bring my own coloring materials with me when I visited her. I grabbed my Ciao Copic markers and a clear Wink of Stella and a stack of images I stamped with various background stamps from Frantic Stamper. This is one of the images I colored with her. After coloring the image with Copics I added sheen to the fish and water with the Wink of Stella.

When I got back to my limited craft supplies at our house in Pennsylvania I decided to make a card and bookmark for her using the colored image. I thought she could save her place in her favorite coloring book with the bookmark. She had been using the last card I sent her for that.

I simply cut down the image into two pieces, one sized for a layer on a standard card, and the other cut narrow enough for me to be able to "laminate" it with clear packaging tape. After making the simple card I filled in the bubbles with clear glitter glue, adding some dimension and extra shine to the card. I wish I had had some sequins to use instead, but I think the card came out okay. What do you think?


*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-CLG-B016

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, I love your coloring on this card and bookmark set, the way you've created motion with your coloring of the waves is masterful!!! Such vibrant and positive colors I am sure fills your dear Mom with encouragement and she thinks of you and your great love for her every time she looks at either, and she remembers your visit and all the many ways you show your Mom your love.

    This is my first time on this blog, and I am more than impressed!!! I am looking at some Frantic Stamper stamps and dies, and wanted to see what the DT had created with them. I have seen in the past some FS creativity with another DT member on her SCS gallery and I was extremely impressed with her work too... Loving too many FS dies and stamps at the moment and I'm trying to decide... :)

    Kathy, you have great talent as a cardmaker, and I am just as impressed with how you show your love to your Mom!!! Praying for her today that she will have a great day, that she will feel your love and the love of her family in general, and that God will bless her health and her surroundings. You have blessed me today with your artwork, Kathy!!!

    Best wishes,

    Joanne L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, thank you so much for your sweet comment. I love making cards for my mom, and try to make them special for her since I can't be with her more often. I also love designing all of the dies and many of the stamps for Frantic Stamper. I also love helping Fran by running her design team; the gals are really wonderful people with enormous talent!

      I hope you will come back to visit the blog often, and check out our Facebook page where our team members share even more of their projects and our YouTube channel where we share videos by our team members as well as slideshow videos of our die and stamp releases!

      Thanks again for your lovely comment. You made my day!

      Delete