Thursday, October 05, 2017

New Release Video and a Quick And Easy Christmas Card (Kathy Berger)

I am so excited to share the second half of our Christmas and Winter release! I hope you will enjoy this slideshow video featuring fabulous cards by our super-talented design team!





I am also excited to share a quick and easy Christmas card using one of the newest background stamps, Sparkles and Dots. I hope you will enjoy it!

Quick and Easy Christmas Card
by Kathy Berger

I have a really quick and easy Christmas card to share with you today. I used my Memory MISTI and my original MISTI to stamp a whole stack of these cards in just a few minutes! I started by placing the Small Grid and the new Sparkles and Dots rubber background stamps side by side on the Memory MISTI. Since they are 6 inches square, they fit perfectly on the MISTI! I inked the Small Grid with Versamark ink and stamped it onto a piece of kraft cardstock, cut to 4”x5.25”. Next I inked the Small Grid again, and inked the Sparkles and Dots with white pigment ink. I moved the panel that I had stamped with the Small Grid over to line up with the Sparkles and Dots, and put a second kraft panel in place to stamp with the Small Grid. Closing the lid of the MISTI stamped both panels. I repeated the inking, moving, and stamping of two panels at a time until I had my stack of panels stamped.

Next I arranged my Round Christmas Vignettes clear stamps and saying on my regular MISTI. I inked them in red ink and stamped one of my kraft panels. I reinked and stamped, swapping in each kraft panel in turn, until all the panels were stamped. I then quickly colored the open areas of the red circles with a white gel pen. I added a little strip of red dotted washi tape to each panel, and then mounted each panel to a white folded standard-sized card.

It took about an hour and a half to make the stack of 50 hand-made cards, including cutting the 50 kraft panels and cards!

I hope that if you have a Memory MISTI you will try my double background-stamping trick the next time you have a lot of cards to make! The Frantic Stamper background stamps are perfect for this technique!
Here are a couple closer looks at the cards.




*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com. m
 
FRA-CL-022
 
FRA-CLG-B006
 
FRA-CLG-B030

1 comment: