Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Tip Tuesday: Die Cuts Revisited



Today's tips offer more ideas for using your dies with your die cutting machine. We hope they will help you get more use of your dies!

Tip #1
Steel dies can cut through all sorts of materials. Try cutting aluminum from a soft drink can or chipboard, thin acrylic, felt, fabric, newsprint, mat board, vinyl, corkboard, magnet sheets, etc. Layer for different effects.

Tip #2
Add texture to dies by placing them into an embossing folder and running them through your die cut machine

Tip #3
I really love some of my die cut shapes. I cut extras and place them in a baggie so that I have them when I want them.

Tip #4
I cut the same shape from 3-4 materials. Then I use all of them on one card-layered. This is an awesome look for flowers or leaves on trees.

Tip #5
I really like acetate. I die cut acetate, stamp on it with StazOn and then layer it on top of a sheet of cardstock or patterned paper that has also been die cut to the same shape.

Tip #6
I die cut flowers out of watercolor paper. When I need an embellishment for a project, I add color with either markers or watercolors for a perfect match for my project.

Tip #7
I like to die cut and decorate thin cardboard, then die cut the same shape out of designer paper. After gluing them together, I cover with diamond glaze to make a beautiful embellishement

Tip #8
I die cut the same shape out of several different papers, then cut them into pieces and mix and match the pieces to recreate the shape. Add some faux stitches for a quilt effect. This is an especially fun thing to do with puzzle die cut pieces... makes a fun background!

No comments:

Post a Comment