Friday, November 18, 2011

Auld Lang Syne (Design Team Project)

by Lis Whiting

Auld Lang Syne

It is getting to be time for finishing up and mailing holiday greetings to family and friends near and far. This season is one of my favorites as I get to send a piece of my heart to those I love by sending a card I have made with love.



This card uses silver glossy card-stock, blue glitter card-stock, and music-patterned card-stock to create a simple and elegant card. The rosette is made using the Tim Holtz rosette die. I used a line of silver Stickles on my strip of paper before folding it into the rosette to give that pretty touch bling. Notice that I placed the rosette on a silver die-cut scalloped circle just a little larger than the rosette to frame it. And I added a bow whose tails wrap around the card to finish things off in an elegant way. It is lovely, don't you agree?

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Can you tell me how to mail these without smashing the rosette?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I save cards like these to give by hand, but perhaps a small box or a padded envelope would do the trick; In the past when I have had a thicker card to send I have used a DVD box with the insert removed to mail it. Postage is more expensive, but the card is protected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:15 AM

    Beautiful!! I put a piece of Bubble wrap over the front of the card before I put it into an envelope. The postage cost the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a great master creating cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is beautiful! I love the colors and layout of papers!

    Again congratulations for this little wonder.

    ReplyDelete