Friday, December 28, 2012

Butterfly Bouquet (DT Project by Sharon Jeffs)



Butterfly Bouquet

by Sharon Jeffs


I love the idea of attaching a stamped image to my card as a dimensional object but I really hate the fine, intricate cutting that often goes hand in hand with this. Some of the new die/stamp combo’s are really making this so much easier and so I wanted to have a go at creating a card using one of these amazing sets.

For my card I used the following …
  • Butterflies #3 Stamp Set
  • Teal cardstock cut to a 5 ½ inch square card size.
  • Vintage Timeless 6x6 patterned piece of paper
  • Viola Polka Dot Paper
  • White cardstock
  • Ribbon
  • Black Archival ink
  • Distress Stains – Broken China and Mustard Seed
  • Diamond Stickles
  • Distress Stickles – Antique Linen
  • Copic markers – Y19 Napoli Yelow and B00 Frost Blue

I began by cutting two pieces of the white cardstock into sections large enough to stamp the large flower bouquet on one and the two larger butterflies together on the other. I then used the ink stains to colour in this second piece of card and once dried, stamped the two butterflies over this.

I found cutting both of these butterflies out a breeze with this set. I simply had to layer the appropriate die over the top of each stamped image, centering the image within the die before running it through my diecut machine.

I repeated this same process of cutting with the flower and it corresponding die then used the copics to color the flowers in. As a final touch, I dabbed the Diamond Stickles over the wings of the butterflies and dabbed the Antique Linen stickles onto the flower centres.

To finish my card I layered the Timeless patterned paper over the base of my card then a piece of the Polka Dot paper and a piece of white onto the centre front before adding my ribbon layers and my stamped images.


No comments:

Post a Comment