Thursday, December 06, 2012

Rose Square #4 (DT colouring project by Sharon Jeffs)



Rose Square

by Sharon Jeffs

I love roses; everything about them is just so pretty.  This particular image appealed to me because of the frame around it which makes cutting it out really simple.

I stamped my Rose Square No.4 image using a Distress ink called Chipped Sapphire then used the ink and a waterbrush to shade the edges of the frame gently lighting up towards the centre, making the rose stand out.

I then coloured my rose in using Distress markers and a waterbrush to soften and blend the colouring.  I used Peeled Paint for the leaves and the stem and a combination of Barn Door and Worn Lipstick to colour the rose itself.

Thanks for visiting my project today!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your lovely rose. I just love the brightness you achieved ! You made a very pretty project !
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty...love the border effect you achieved with the distress inks. I've really got to try that:)

    ReplyDelete