Monday, January 28, 2013

Art Journal Page (Sharon Jeffs)





Never Too Late Page
by Sharon Jeffs


I love Art Journal pages at the moment .. .they are so expressive with their abundance of techniques and often thought provoking messages. I knew it was only a matter of time before I succumbed and began one of my own.

This page was created using several of the FranticStamper line of stamps.

I began the whole page by wetting it with a spritz bottle then layering a yellow and an orange Dylusions ink across the surface, allowing the colours to blend and create a kind of ombre effect.

Next I stamp sections of pattern using the Newsprint Background stamp and the Harlequin Background stamp, using post it notes to mask off particular areas.  I also stamped the Large Watch stamp at the corner of a masked off area I allowed for my journalling.

The rest of my page was hand drawn elements using paint markers and Black fine line pens. I even drew the clock hands, attempting to make them a bigger version of the hands on the large Watch, stamped on my page!

-Sharon





Products Used:



No comments:

Post a Comment