Monday, June 06, 2016

Typed Love Notes (Karen Oliver)





Typed Love Notes
by Karen Oliver


It took me a little while to come up with this idea.  I knew I wanted to make a pretty card to show off the typewriter.  I die cut the typewriter in brown and pushed out all the keys.  I placed double sided tape on the back and cut another in white then placed it on top of the brown one and carefully using a pin pushed the white keys out onto the double sided tape below.  I know I could have just used white card underneath but I wanted the keys to look like they were sitting above the base which I think I achieved doing it this way.  I then cut a small piece of white card and carefully cut along the back of the typewriter so the paper looked like it was in the roller.

I chose some patterned paper with a retro feel and with a bit of red so I could accent it with the heart and XO from the Valentine Confetti die.  I also used my absolute favourite Scalloped Border Trio die to cut the lacy edge.  Add a contrasting brown bow and there you have a pretty card that shows off the typewriter beautifully.

Retro Cool is such a fun release.


*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-09906
 
FRA-Die-09717
 
FRA-Die-09291

No comments:

Post a Comment