Saturday, March 13, 2010

Stardust from Heaven

by Polinka

I have been scrapbooking for 5 years, but I always kept memorabilias and pictures like treasures. I like having a creative outlet. Aside from scrapbooking, I love photography, reading, quilting and sewing. I am addicted to swiss chocolate, and it's a must for scrapping, right alongside my paint, brushes and sewing machine! A page is never complete without stitching! I find it hard to describe my style because it is always evolving, just like me, but I love working with and trying different brands and techniques!

I hope you'll enjoy my first post with the FranticStamper Design Team as much as I enjoy swiss chocolate!

A baby is a bit of stardust blown from Heaven


Materials:

      Basic Grey Wisteria - French Topiary (BG-WIS-1640 $0.69)

      American Crafts Medium Brads – Lavender (AMC-BR-laven $3.49)
      Brads from American Crafts Photo Turns
            Lavender (AMC-PH-laven $4.49)
      Kaiser Acrylic Paints - Kaisercolour
            White (KAI-PAI-KC001 $2.59)
            Coastal Blue (KAI-PAI-KC020 $2.59)
      Ranger Stickles glitter glue:
            Suze W Glitz, Tiara (Ran-Stsw-tiara $2.59)
            American Crafts Thickers – Felt - Playroom White (AMC-TH-42859 $3.99)
            Making Memories Stickers - Tiny Alphabet-Brown Ledger (MM-S-30284 $2.99)
      Glue Dots - Acid-Free Memory Dots (GLUE-Memory - $4.99)
      A sewing machine and various colors of thread.

Instructions:

      Flowers, flowers, flowers! I love stitching and I love flowers! And I love stitching my own flowers!

      For this picture of my brand new nephew Alessio I wanted to create a magical field of flowers. That is why I chose this paper from the Basic Grey Wisteria line.

     

      I use this stitched flower design on many of my layouts, and I always do it quite randomly… I let my machine drive me where she wants to… trust me, it’s easy!

      If you want to sew some flowers too, just try first on a draft paper, in order to trust yourself and your machine before starting to stitch on the real layout! If your try is good, you’ll be free to use it on another layout as an embellishment too…

     

      At the end of each pistil I inserted a brad (various sizes) or simply added a point of acrylic paint (with the tip of a brush) and then some stickles.

     

      Use the two alphabets to spell out the title, saving the felt letters for the word "baby." The felt brings a little softness to the long title. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my project!



Have a lovely day,

[polinka]*

6 comments:

  1. I really must give scrapbooking another try, this is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sewing challenged, but I may even be willing to give it another try if I could make anything even close to those beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I love the sentiment you wrote on this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. scrapette7:49 AM

    Superbe page avec de très belles coutures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Layouts Polinka. The colors are beautiful and the stitching really adds to the project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete