Saturday, January 15, 2011

Winner of the Tag...You're It Contest


Today's post is a little bit different, as we have a Guest Blogger, Denise Phillips from
Victoria, B.C. Canada, the WINNER of our Tag...You're It Contest!
Denise had TWO entries in the final three, having created both the winning tag, and the Snow Queen tag, which tied for third place with the third tag which was created by Lynn Stevens.







Denise Phillips





Figgy Pudding, the winning tag



 



I'm thrilled to be the winner of the "Tag You're It" Contest!
What an honour and great fun!



I would describe my artistic style as 'Whimsical and Nature Inspired' in most cases, although I seem to be expanding constantly, which isn't that what it's all about! (grin). I've been 'playing' with Paper Arts for quite some time, also Mixed Media Collage, Decorative Painting, Acrylic Painting, and Quilting and Sewing and Photography.



The one craft item that I can't do without is my favourite pair of scissors! (and my glue stick:).
But honestly, my entire art room which I am appreciative of every day!



What inspired 'Figgy Pudding', my winning entry tag, was the nostalgic nature of the graphics, and the colours, something a little different for the Holiday Season.



At this time in my life, my arts are fixated on Mixed Media Collage.
Using photographs of local wildlife and my pets,
( I'm lucky to be living in a very forested rural area teaming with wildlife at my door, and I share my home with 12 birds and 2 dogs:), and I love incorporating them into my collages.
(Here is an example, 'Oh Deer, Tightrope Walker').







In honour of the coming 'Valentine's' Holiday, I've attached pictures of a tag and a Mixed Media project I've done for my husbands Valentine, hoping they'll inspire the Blog Members to create 'outside of the box'.
 (I made it from a box of chocolates that he gave me, grin).







         






I'm lucky at this time in my life, to be a Full-Time Mixed Media Artist from my home, with my wonderful husband Steve's full support and encouragement in my journey, and my mentor's and dear friends, fellow artists Leslie Patterson and Kristin Hubick sharing their wealth of knowledge and encouraging my confidence to put my art out there!



Thanks to all at Frantic Stampers for giving me the opportunity to share my passion and love of my latest journey in my life.
Cheers to you all, Happy New Year!



3 comments:

  1. Congrats on wining this contest. Continue to have fun on your creative journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS, Denise!
    Love your art

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!!! Denise is the best!!!! An amazing artist and an amazing woman. Well deserved :). xoxo

    ReplyDelete