Friday, March 16, 2012

"Hello!" (Design Team Project)

by Kathy Berger

Hello!

Earlier this week I shared a coloring project featuring Copic markers and Frantic Stamper's Magnolia Cling Stamp. At that time I promised to try to share a finished card with the colored image, so here is my 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" center step card featuring that colored image.

To make the card base I started with a piece of white card-stock, 11" x 5 1/2". With the piece in portrait orientation, I cut slits 1" from each edge from 1" to 6 1/2". Then I turned the piece to landscape orientation on my Scor-pal and scored on the outside edges only at 1", 2", and 6 1/2". Then I scored in the center of the card only at 5 1/2". I folded on the score lines to form the card.

I added some green panels to my card to decorate the card, using shades that were found in my colored image.

Next, I used a large oval Nestabilities die to cut my Magnolia image. I mounted that oval onto a slightly larger lacy oval, and adhered them both onto the card's central panel.

I created a little floral decorative piece with wooden ivy leaves, a bit of ribbon, various silk flowers, and a couple of plastic buttons, including a butterfly I colored with my Copics. I glued that to the lower left of the front panel of the card.

Lastly, I stamped a little "Hello" greeting to finish the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment