Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Coloring Corner: Magnolia colored with Copics

Coloring Corner: Magnolia colored with Copics


Today I decided to color Frantic Stamper's wonderful cling-mounted Magnolia stamp with Copic markers in preparation for a card I hope to make later this week.

I stamped the image on Bazzill ultra-smooth white card-stock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.



Next I started to color the top-most image, which is the one furthest from the foreground of the image. I laid down a complete layer of RV000 ink in that part of the image.



Next I layered in some RV02 in shadow areas and blended it with the RV000.

And then I added some RV04.



And then blended that in, though not as smoothly, with the RV000.

In order to tone down the pinks and add a sense of distance (things in the distance tend to be bluer and less vibrant than things in the foreground), I used a C3 to add some shadow, and blended in a little C0.



Next, I tackled the flower to the lower left. This bloom is in a little more shadow than the other two, so I opted to make it a little more muted and less pink.

I started by coloring the image with R20, and shading a bit with R22, blending with R20.



Then I added in a little of the RV04, and blended with the R20. I also added just a touch of C1 to the most shaded parts of the flower, under the blossom to its upper right.



Next I colored my last blossom with RV000, RV02, and just a touch of RV04, leaving some of the RV04 unblended.

Once my blossom petals were finished, I then colored the center of the large blossom, the leaves, the bud cover, and the stems.

On the flower center I used Y28, YG91, AND YG95. I used those same colors plus G82 and E31 on the bud cover. On the stems I used E31 and E33.



Here is my finished image.



I hope to share a card using this image with you soon!

1 comment: