Saturday, December 21, 2013

Halo'd Angel Christmas Card (Lis Whiting)




Halo'd Angel Christmas Card
by Lis Whiting


I love this time of year!  The papers and embellishments are extra gorgeous and the old time stamp and die images remind me of when I was a child at Christmas. So, today's card is a Christmas Angel that I made using two of Frantic Stamper's Precision Dies: Angel and Peacock (that's right - peacock!)

My card base is white and measures 5 1/2 inches x 4 1/4 inches. I used gold ripple card, a pretty red and white patterned, gold glossy and red suede papers for my mats. I glued the gold glossy and the red suede paper to each other and left a longer piece of gold showing at the bottom. I ran this through with the Frantic Stamper Livermore Loop border die before attaching to my card.

The angel die (I used the smaller one) has a lot of cut outs. For this card I left in the wing and head cut outs because I did not want the background to show through.  I took a very small piece of tape and taped the cutouts on the back so they wouldn't fall out later.  I used a thick liquid glue like Aleene's Tacky and dotted the back with glue and then attached to my card.




I hope you enjoyed this card - thanks for stopping by!


Products used:

1 comment:

  1. Lis, that is a fantastic idea! Beautiful card! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete