Sunday, December 22, 2013

Rejoice (Lis Whiting)




Rejoice!
by Lis Whiting


I wanted to use the new Angel cutting die from Frantic Stamper; I decided to cut it out of gold glitter card stock.  I chose on a a card base of plain white and I covered the front with a white patterned pearl paper. 

I edged the entire card front with one row of white pearls.  I also decided to add a little color and cut out some holly on a rich green suede paper. I attached my angel with glue stick (TIP: I dabbed it on  - don't rub or you'll get clumps because of the intricacy of the die cut.) I used the flourish from the cut out of the angel as the "music" she was blowing on her horn.  I added a few music notes (another great Frantic Stamper die) in gold glitter also. 

I added my green suede holly branch at the bottom of my card. I used some red jewels for the berries and added a couple of poinsettia flowers in acrylic and the word "Rejoice" (from a Dazzles sticker set). 

I really like the way this card turned out.  The suede paper adds a tactile accent and the two acrylic flowers add that 3-D effect I like so much.





Inside of card:



Products used:

1 comment:

  1. Lis,I love how you used the cutout's from the angel to replicate music! Awesome idea! Nice thing about the dies that Kathy designed is you can use the cut-outs for additional work!

    ReplyDelete