Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Holiday Forest (Kathy Berger)




Holiday Forest
by Kathy Berger


This card is inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest, a card by blogger Darota_mk. I loved the trees in her card (they reminded me immediately of the Frantic Stamper Oregon Fir) and the soft colors, and I wanted to create something with a similar "feel", but a little more fitting with my simpler style.

My card started with 6 trees die cut with the Frantic Stamper Oregon Fir Precision Die, lightly sponged with Ranger Distress Evergreen Bough and Tumbled Glass inks. I attached the trees in two rows to a piece of heavy white card-stock which I had very lightly sponged with the same inks.

I added two snow drifts created by cutting a piece of card-stock with a curvy shape, and then embossing it with a Darice wood-grain embossing folder. It, too, was then lightly sponged with ink.

Next, I added three deer I die-cut from white card-stock using a Memory Box Deer Trio die.

I tied some pale blue American Crafts jute cord around the card, and then I distressed the edges of the layer. I next very simply stitched my layer onto a larger piece of heavy card-stock (the size of my card front). This panel was then attached to my white standard card with foam squares.

I finished the card by gluing on the "Merry" die cut from white card-stock using the Frantic Stamper Mix 'n Match Precision Die, Merry Christmas.

I hope you have enjoyed my Pinterest inspired card!

Smiles,
Kathy


Products Used:

1 comment: