Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Merry Wishes (Kathy Berger)





Merry Wishes
by Kathy Berger


There comes a point in my holiday card making where I need a few more cards but my time and energy are both running out. This year that time came on Saturday evening at about 9 PM. It was time to find a way to make cards that would look nice but require a bit less effort than my other 93 cards needed. I was able to put together a half-dozen of these cards in just a few minutes, and I was pretty pleased with the results.

To mass-produce them I started with gathering and preparing the materials. FIrst I colored a small piece of white card-stock with Wink of Stella clear glitter, set it aside to dry. Next, I cut and folded all the card bases, then cut the top layers and punched their corners. I laid them out on a sheet of newspaper, spritzed them all with a bit of Perfect Pearls in water, and set them aside to dry. Next I die-cut all the lamp posts out of black paper. and I punched the branches out of dark green card-stock. Lastly I punched the snowflakes out of the glittered white card-stock. My final prep was to tie 6 small bows out of red 1/8"-width satin ribbon.

Next I stamped all the card insides with a sentiment, and all the layers with the Merry saying.

Assembly was then a breeze! I glued the lamp post into place on each of the layers. Next I glued the branches onto the lamp post, and the bow onto the branches. The snowflakes went into place next. The layers then got foam dots on their backs, and they were put into place on the card fronts. I made 6 cards in much less than an hour....and my holiday cards were finished for the year! Thankfully!

I vow to do better this year. I AM going to stamp at least 5 holiday cards/month this coming year. Trying to do so many cards in December is just TOO hard!

Anyone want to join me?

Smiles,
Kathy


Products Used:

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    Gorgeous card :-)

    Can you please tell me which die the branch is ...? I've been looking for a shape like that for ages!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment!

      The branch is actually a Martha Stewart punch, available here.

      Delete