Friday, December 20, 2013

Winter White (Kathy Berger)




Winter White
by Kathy Berger


I just love white on white cards because they have a simple elegance to them. And the holidays seem like a perfect time for white on white cards; they envoke for the snowy season here in the northern hemisphere! This card almost made me feel the cold!

First I die-cut the Oregon Fir out of white card-stock with the Frantic Stamper Precision Die. I scribbled a little glue onto the fir, and added ultra-fine glitter, and set it aside to dry.

Next, I die-cut an oval in the top layer for the card front. I embossed that layer with the ?? embossing folder. I taped a piece of acetate behind the oval, and set the layer aside.

I die-cut a snowflake out of white card-stock and colored it with a Wink of Stella clear glitter brush. I affixed it to the top layer. and added a small rhinestone to its center.

I stamped the inside of my prepared card with my sentiment, then I glued the Oregon Fir into place on the card front (being careful of its placement within the oval on the top layer!)

I attached the top layer to the card front with foam dots. I then glued the word "peace" into place over the acetate window and the top layer, and added a bow to finish the card.


Products Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment