Friday, April 18, 2014

Christmoose and More (Kathy Berger)





Christmoose and More
by Kathy Berger


I know. I know. It is spring, and almost Easter, and you don't want to see any more snow. BUT I am making Christmas cards throughout the year and sharing them each month, somewhere around the 25th (I know I am a week early, but just wait...there is a great reason!). This month I used a fabulous new die (if I do say so myself, since I designed the die!) from Frantic Stamper to create a quick and easy card, and I just had to share it today.

The reason for having to share it now, you ask? Why, because the die I used to make it is being released today!

First let me share how I made this card, then I will tell you a lot more about this release.

I prepared a standard card base, then to that I affixed a 3.75"x5" panel of navy blue card stock to which I had glued two white pieces cut to make snowy hills. I traced the top edge of those hills with a bit of clear Wink of Stella to give them some glittery sheen.

I then cut a piece of craft foam with the new Moose in the Forest die (FRA-Die-09161) from Frantic Stamper, and cut an identical one from white card stock. I glued the two of them together, and then glued them to my card over my navy panel. I added a few tiny snow flakes and a bow, and the card was done.

So why is a moose in the forest being released today? Because this moose is versatile! We think he is PERFECT for masculine cards, and Father's Day is just around the corner! Here is an example of another use for this moose; a card made by cutting the die out of black card stock and gluing it to a Kraft card. A little bit of jute twine for a bow finishes the card off; a masculine card in mere minutes!



We think you would LOVE this die! I know I sure do! So much so that the Christmoose card is going to be one I make a lot of for this year's holiday season.


What else is being released today? Well, we have some more dies for those masculine cards. To pair with the moose in the forest we have a bear in the woods:



The masculine dies don't end there, though. For the guys we also have some transportation-related dies







an electric guitar



and some golf.




We realize, though, that Mother's Day is also on the way, so we just had to include some dies for Mom, too. Here are some lovely butterflies that she is sure to love.









And here is some foliage






to go with a lovely rose.






But we didn't leave the kids (or the kids-at-heart) out of this release, either! Here we have some great pieces for you to put together to make the back yard of your kids' dreams. There is a beautiful tree trunk



and some clouds that can also double as foliage for the tree,



but what back yard would be complete without a swing set?



This month's release also features some nifty journaling cards for you to use to scrapbook all about your family.









And there are some more terrific "full-panel" dies (besides the moose and bear) for your scrapbook pages or cards.









And to go with that Chevron full-panel there are some accent pieces and border/edger dies.





Be sure to hop on over to www.frantic stamper.com to place your order now!

-Kathy


Frantic Stamper Products Used:

2 comments:

  1. These new dies are absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to play with mine - I've already put in an order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I made a card today for submission to Just Cards! I used the Alternating Diagonal Card Panel and the Open Sprig! Love them both! Would love to see more ferns, branches with leaves etc. Great Dies!

    ReplyDelete