Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Easter Bonnet (Lis Whiting)




Easter Bonnet
by Lis Whiting


I love to use old pictures in my artwork. I came across this picture of a little girl in a bonnet and it reminded me of when I was a little girl at Easter.  Mom always got us a new dress to wear when we visited grandma on Easter Sunday.

I used the Heartfelt Creations Paper Pad for my background paper on an ivory card base.



I also used Prima flowers.  They have these packets of flowers in different sizes and leaves too!  it made it very easy to create my bouquet.  I did use some additional flowers and pieces but not much!  I cut out the frame in burgundy suede paper and used the same Frantic Stamper die to cut out my picture.  I like using photo corners because they lend themselves to that old fashioned feeling.  I added a white pearl butterfly pin as a last touch (did you spot it?).  Have fun creating your own Easter cards this year!


*Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.

Frantic Stamper Products Used:

5 comments:

  1. Lis, absolute perfect! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lis, I love the vintage image you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lis your card is just fabolous. I love the vintage style so much. You created such a impressing match using that frame, the photo, the pretty flowers and the ribbon !! Amazing work !!
    Thanks a lot for sharing your creativity !
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! I always appreciate that my art has touched someone. You might want to go to my blog www.madeforpaper.blogspot.com as I have other Victorian cards there!

      Delete
  4. It's beautiful. I love creating vintage projects and now you've given me an idea to add to my projects. TFS

    ReplyDelete