Monday, April 28, 2014

Steam & Feathers - a Punk Card (Lis Whiting)




Steam & Feathers - a Punk Card
by Lis Whiting


I recently got Frantic Stampers Feathers precision die set.  Feathers are all the rage right now and I've been thinking of something to do with them.  I love top hats and steampunk style so....I decided on this theme for a card!




I wanted my feathers to really have some pizazz so I used two sets of Encrusted Jewels by Stampendous.  They give you a little kit with embossing powder and other stuff to create some pretty cool effects.  I used Teal and Purple sets.




Steampunk is all abut gears so I had to include this in my card too! I embossed an ivory piece of cardstock and added an edging of copper and then Rusty hinge and Tea Dye over top of it.  I added some gears of course, even a little gear at the base of my feathers...so cute!



and then...my focal...a top hat with feathers!  I mounted my hat with mounting tape so it could really stand out. 



I love the way the top hat and feathers turned out. I cut a small slit in my hat so that I could thread the stem of each feather into it and attach from behind the hat.  I added some gold embossing powder touches like a brim and some "wear".

I hope you enjoyed my card today! Thanks for stopping by!


Frantic Stamper Products Used:

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Lis - I love what you did with the feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lis, this is absolutely perfect!!!! Love everything you did with it!

    ReplyDelete