Monday, July 14, 2014

Thinking of You...a Three Layer Card (Lis Whiting)




Thinking of You...a Three Layer Card
by Lis Whiting


I got the idea for this card from a webisode called Simply Ann.  I liked the idea so much that I copied a couple of parts from it (the acetate and the window).  This card takes a little time to do but it's worth it.

I wanted to make a card for my sister who lives in New York State.  I wanted to do a travel theme because we live so far apart.

To start I decided on a 6 1/2 x 5 card base out of white cardstock. I measured some acetate and cut it with about 1/4 inch so that I could bend it back and attach to the back of my card later.  I love working with acetate. There is so much that I can do with it like making shaker boxes, stamped designs for overlays, tinting it with alcohol inks.

I started work with my main card by covering it with paper from Graphic 45's Come Away with Me collection. It fits perfectly with the travel theme. I covered my card and then used the photo card die to cut the center out. Then I glued this cut out to the inside of my card using the cut out as a guide.

I decorated each layer so that there was a surprise when you turned the page.

Layer One (the cover):


Layer Two:


Layer Three:


Close Up! (Aren't these little icon people fun?)


I love the flower and leaf dies! One die and several sizes of flowers and leaves! Grand!


I can think of so many uses for the light bulb!




I hope you enjoyed my three layer card!  Thanks for stopping by!


*** Materials for this project are available at www.franticstamper.com.
Frantic Stamper Products Used:

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Lis! Colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the three layers Lis, very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete