Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Love You Scrap-page (Sharon Jeffs)


Love You Scrap-page
by Sharon Jeffs


Recently my family had a big scare when my daughter developed some worrying symptoms and had to undergo tests to see what were the cause.  For our family, it was a very long three day wait that fortunately ended with an "all clear" result.

As a part of our families daily life, I really felt it was important to document this period but I have been documenting our lives through the Pocket page system which has been ideal for my hectic lifestyle.

Fortunately for me the Becky Higgins range offer more than just pocket page options so I decided to create a page using one of the 6 inch by 12 inch pockets.  This size pocket is perfect for this type of long journalling.  The front section of the pocket featured a traditional scrapbook page in a reduced size while the back of this features a page that has been adapted to hold a private document.

To create my project I used one full sheet of 12 inch by 12 inch patterned card (I used a sheet from a Kaisercraft range) that I folded in half.  On the one half I cut out a window then applied adhesive around the edges of the page and glued the folded halves together so that I created a pocket page with a window to access it.  Here's what the page looked like completed ...



On the front I added a photo that I die cut using the largest Coved Label Die from the Frantic Stamper range.  I layered it over a selection of different die cuts then finished off my half page using flowers and stickers from the same Kaisercraft range.  Lastly, I added a die cut dress form that I inked using distress inks.


* Materials for this project are available at www.franticstamper.com.Frantic Stamper Products Used:

3 comments:

  1. Sharon, so glad to hear your daughter is well! We too are going through very rough times and it is important to document that as well as the good! We thank God everyday for all of our blessings! I love your way of journaling! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that your daughter is fine. I like your work very much and was wondering how you printed 'these memories will last a lifetime' on the front.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much. Caity the words you asked about are off of a sticker sheet produced by Kaisercraft. Here is the link to the sheet on their manufacturer website - https://www.kaisercraft.com.au/newsite/products.php?prod=SS224
      Hope this helps.

      Delete