Thursday, September 25, 2014

Two Design Team Announcements



I am pleased to make two Design Team announcements today. First, Jen Carter has agreed to stay on as a full-time Design Team member. Her Guest Designer stint was due to expire at the end of this month, so we are thrilled we won't be losing her!

I am also happy to announce that we have a new Guest Designer! Ann Greenspan has agreed to post with us through the first of the new year. You can see some of Ann's work at her blog, Ann Greenspan's Crafts.

Please give her a rousing welcome! But first, here is a little bit about Ann...in her own words.

Ann Marie Greenspan


I come from a very close family of 9, born in upstate New York near Lake George. My family is the driving force behind my getting into scrapbooking. I had a lot of photos that my father took of us when we were growing up, and I wanted to organize those photos into albums. But then I thought scrapbooks might be nicer so I made scrapbooks for each of my 6 brothers and sisters and all 13 of my nieces and nephews at the time.

When the scrapbooks were done, I got into making cards. I started off with just a few punches, then dies, then stamps. After my pre-school teaching days were over, I taught card making classes at various craft stores. Now I make cards that I can donate to local charities where I live in Maryland with my husband and two dogs.

My motto when making cards is to keep them simple yet elegant so others who see them will be able to recreate them easily themselves.

5 comments:

  1. Yea Ann Marie! I look forward to getting to know you and to see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news Jen! Welcome, Ann Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Ann! I know that this is something that you have wanted for a long time. If you haven't seen any of Ann's cards yet, be sure to check out the card that looks like a wallet. My nephew got this card last week, it was so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! Ann's card are sure to inspire! My kids love receiving Ann's beautiful, very creative cards for every holiday. They are always anxious to open them, and are awed every time! They especially love the 3-D cards she makes. My kids also like to give Ann's cards to their teachers throughout the school year. One teacher loved the cards so much, she saved every card and displayed them for the entire school year. If you have not seen Ann's card yet, be sure to check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome aboard Ann! Looking forward to seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete