Tuesday, October 07, 2014

A Midnight Dreary (Lis Whiting)




A Midnight Dreary
by Lis Whiting


This is a very easy card to make and SO beautiful because of the die I used. I love birches and the Frantic Stamper Horizontal Birch Panel die is wonderful! It is 3.75"x5" so it will nearly cover an A2 card (it leaves a perfect border!)


To make my card, I first cut the birch panel out of plain white card stock, then used Versa Mark and silver embossing powder to change my birches to silver. I reheated (melted) parts of the embossing and added some blue regular and chunky glitter to it, causing the glitter to stick to the melted powder. (I envisioned a full moonlit night and the birches would be silver in the moonlight and also give off this blueish light...spooky, yes?)




After I added glue to the back of my trees, I placed a moon cut from white shimmer paper behind the trees. I glued my trees to a black mat and again to a silver glossy mat to finish my card.

I have several ideas to share for variations on this card:
  • instead of a moon, use a skull out of red glitter
  • cut out a bat to lay on top of the trees with a Happy Halloween greeting in red or white
  • take an alcohol pen and color one tree to stand out from the group
  • add an owl to one of the branches

This die will also be perfect for Christmas; add snow at the base or on some of the branches. There are so many ways to use this birches die.  I hope you will give the die a try!


*** Materials for this project are available at www.franticstamper.com.
Frantic Stamper Products Used:

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I love anything with sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the added glitter over the Tallis card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect moonlit night!

    ReplyDelete