Friday, October 21, 2011

A 7 Gypsies Card (Design Team Project)

by Lis Whiting



Hi everyone! Today I want to share with you a card I made with some of the new 7 Gypsies items! I really like collage and that old fashioned style. The latest 7 Gypsies release really appeals to me for that reason.

I had a very hard time picking out which paper I was going to use. 7 Gypsies has 6x6 pads which are great for card makers. I used Gypsy Market (Isn’t that a great name?) It’s full of muted colors and designs, distressed and double sided! Who could want more?

I also have some of their very new Tissue Paper. I was surprised at how many sheets there are in each package. The main color reminds me of pattern tissue (the kind you buy to sew clothes). The one I used is full of birds and bird cages, music notes and such. Very pretty. I just had to use some on my card! I decided to do a fan fold. It was really pretty easy. I used a quarter of a sheet and cut a curve in it to make a quarter circle. I held the tissue at the top and made my folds. I added glue to the paper and glued the folded tissue on. Simple! You will see that I left the bottom untrimmed. I thought that made an interesting accent.

I used spellbinders label dies to cut the rectangles. I printed out a photo onto some sticky canvas (Ranger) and cut out the picture. Since its sticky backed all I did was attach it to the paper.



I used mounting tape to add some dimension. When I added my stick pins, I stuck them in the mounting tape.

I used a non traditional button ribbon for the card. The color really accents the card.

I hope that you enjoyed my card today.

No comments:

Post a Comment