Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween 31 (Design Team Project)

by Lis Whiting

Halloween 31

Hi everyone! I’ve started seeing ghosts and witches on front lawns! You know it’s that time of year!

When Halloween came around, my sister and I would walk the neighborhood, knocking on doors and going as far as we could before we came home exhausted with a bag full of candy. Oh, the candy corn and apples and goodies we had!

My Halloween card was inspired by those neighborhood travels.



My materials:


I used The Townscapes Alterations die and some grungeboard to cut out the town. I colored it with some walnut distress ink which gave it an old woody kind of look. I wanted the windows to glow and I wondered, “Now how can I get windows to glow?” I used some gold stardream paper behind the grungeboard.

My card mat is in black cardstock and is flicked with silver paint. Looks pretty good, don’t you think?

I cut a circle out of silver glossy and added that to my card. I attached the houses with mounting tape to give it some lift.

I needed to add some kind of sentiment to the cover to identify my card. What better than “31”? I got the number from Tim Holtz’ Seasonal Stickers.

Here are some close ups of my card.





I hope this card inspires you to make some scary cards of your own! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment