Saturday, February 16, 2008

CHA Winter 2008 report (part 1)

Whew!!! I got back from CHA on Wednesday evening (more like NIGHT, LOL!!) Of course, there were lots of emails and orders waiting for me when I got home. I’m just now sitting down collecting my thoughts.

I had a great time, of course! Here is what I saw/bought:

MAKING MEMORIES:
-Definitely the most exciting product I saw/played with/bought – The Slice!!! This is the same little die cut machine we saw at CHA last year, but this time it REALLY is coming. Making Memories is producing it (Tinnus licensed the Slice to Making Memories).
This cute little hand-held die cut machine is going to be one of our best sellers for sure. If you go to http://www.makingmemories.com/ there is a picture of it on the home page. No further info there yet… but stay tuned.
Quickly, I will tell you a little about it. Email me for more detailed info (franticstamper@charter.net). This die cut machine takes little cartridges (which are very inexpensive). Each shape/letter on the cartridge can be sized from ½” to 4”. The Slice weighs about 4 lbs, works with the power cord or on the rechargeable battery, so it’s VERY portable (great for crops or traveling). See a video demo here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=snj8Kp20OtQ (note: the yellow slice you see in the video is a prototype… the real one will be the blue one you see on the Making Memories site). The starter kit is $149.99 and include the machine, a design card, a 6x6 cutting mat, 5 blades, the blade replacement tool, the tacky adhisive and the power cord. Additional design cartridges will be $39.99. The Slice will be available in July.

BASIC GREY:
-They introduced 5 new lines at the show. You can go to their site at http://www.basicgrey.com/ to see them. I’ll be adding them to my site shortly as we should see all of these in the beginning of March. I love the Sultry line and I think that one is going to go fast. Ditto for the Archaic.

BO BUNNY PRESS:
-I always love their stuff!! I’m especially fond of their word chipboard albums. Not to disappoint, they came out with new words as well as some great paper lines, including an expantion of their popular double dot line.

S.E.I.:
-I was fortunate enough to get invited to a little party they put on for their good customers. It was nice to relax in a big room full of other store owners and watch their presentation. 5 beautiful new lines (my favorite is the Valentine one…. It came out earlier this year, but I waited to buy it at the show). They also introduced chipboard word albums much like Bo Bunny’s but in other words: Father, Mother, Happy, etc.




PRIMA:
-As usual, more great flowers! But also, they had “Clear paintables” which was their version of acetate overlays. The trick is they showed a neat technique where you can color them with Sharpie or Copic markers. I suppose you can do that on any overlay, not just theirs…. But it was cool to see! I also ordered a lot of products they introduced at the Memory Trends trade show, and those items are already here. I will be updating the website this weekend. All their new releases will come later in March and April.

HEIDI SWAPP:
-Heidi never fails to come out with cute new stuff. Overlays, stickers, papers, yum yum yum.

TIM HOLTZ:
-New chipboard!!! Yes!! Also a new stamp storage binder made of faux leather that you can PAINT with the adirondack dabbers to customize it for YOU. Lots of great collage “trinkets” also coming, as well as new rubber stamps that are all Tim style!

EK SUCCESS:
-EK revamped all their lines of Jolee’s stickers… but I bought so much at the show, that I didn’t have any money left for new stickers. However, they are coming out with great punches, including BIGGER sizes of popular shapes (bigger than the Whale of a Punch). Look for those in the coming months.

K&Co.
-K&Co. has merged with EK Success’ parent company. This makes it easy for me to order. J I’ll soon be discontinuing all my current K&Co. inventory as it’s very old (I haven’t bought any new stuff from them in a couple of years) – but look for NEW products including papers, stickers and embellishments. They have some gorgeous lines!

INKADINKADOO:
-Another company that merged under the EK umbrella…. So this is a new one for me. Great clear stamps! They also have wood mounted stamps, but due to a lack of space, we stuck with buying just their clear stamp line. I’ve got some of everything coming. A small portion will be here in the next week or so, and the rest will be coming in about a month.

CREATIVE IMAGINATIONS:
-Oh my! This was one of my biggest purchases for sure. Lots of great overlays, papers, epoxy stickers, chipboard books, rhinestones and brads etc… --- themes such as beach, travel, froggies, Asian fusion, floral and more. I also picked up most of the Narratives line of beautiful die cut papers.

MAYA ROAD:
-You know Maya Road is one of my favorite companies, so I had to get all their new stuff, of course!!! If you are a fan of their chipboards, wait til you see the new Cat and Dog keychain chipboards, the house chipboards are the best, and of course there’s more. We were one of the first orders, so our shipment will come first. They are releasing things in 3 installments: March, April and May. Can’t wait for all these items!!

ROYAL AND LANGNICKEL:
-Rub ons, Rub ons and more rub ons. J

BEST CREATIONS:
-Best Creations is known for their beautiful glitter papers. We have all their new ones coming! I must say, the sunset palm one is one of my favorite papers I saw at the show. New stickers here as well.

RUSTY PICKLE:
-I’ve had a lot of requests for Rusty Pickle, so I bit the bullet and opened an account with them. I purchased most of their new collections, as well as a few of their older ones.

STEWART SUPERIOR:
-We will soon have the popular Memories Mists in Gold, Silver and Copper. These are very very shimmery and gorgous paired with the existing colors. I also picked up the Memories Chalk inks which I was not carrying before (but had many requests for)

LUMINARTE:
-12 new colors of Radiant Rain daubers are coming!! I don’t have the list of colors yet, but they should be here in 2 weeks. As soon as they are available, I will let you all know.

ROBIN’S NEST:
-2 words “Dark Vanilla”. I’ve never heard of this company before, but their papers really really caught my eye…. Especially the “Dark Vanilla” line. But even more exciting than the beautiful papers was the Dew Drops! I’ve been looking for these ever since one of our customers asked if we could get them. Dew Drops are little cabushon beads of epoxy that you can use to embellish your pages, cards, stamped images, etc.


FISKARS:
-OH MY! New punches, new tools, new new new! My favorite is the new border/corner punches that make a frame or tiles. They were demoing these and I forgot to take a picture!!! Trust me, everyone will want these!!!

HEIDI GRACE:
-This is a company owned by Fiskars… Much like Cloud 9 (see below), they are more geared to the traditional scrapbook look/feel than Fiskars which is all about the tools. Heidi Grace has papers, stickers, brads, etc. We bought EVERYTHING new.

CLOUD 9:
-Same as above…. EVERYTHING!!! It’s all coming!!!
more to follow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment