Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pépé

by Polinka


Pépé

Materials

  • Paper
  • Embellishments
    • American Crafts Thickers, Fabric Covered, Patchwork Black ( AMC-TH-42975   $4.99)
  • Adhesives
  • A sewing machine and blue thread

Instructions

  • This is a very simple layout, based on using multiple papers and embellishments from the same line.



  • The background paper is a busy pattern that can draw the eye away from the image, which must be the focal point of the page. That’s the reason why I decided to use tags, die cuts and stickers around the picture, in order to highlight it a little.

  • The picture was stitched on the tags and the paper, and then I finally put some more tags and stickers over it.

  • The title (with fabric chipboard pieces) is simply stuck onto a Memo tag and means “Grandpa”, since the page is about my grandfather, with this picture that I love!!

Like I said: very simple! I hope this was inspiring to you! 



Have a lovely day,

3 comments:

  1. This page makes me remember my Pépé whom I miss very much. Thank you for the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This also reminds me of my pépé, my father's father. He lived in NB Canada, which was quite distant from my childhood home in Massachusetts. I didn't see him as much as I saw my other grandfather, who lived across the street from that home, but he always had a very special place in my heart. He and my mémé have been in my thoughts a lot lately, and your layout brought them to mind again.

    I love the layout, and how fitting it is with the photo, but mostly love the memories that flooded back because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful page, I love the idea with the newsprint papers.

    ReplyDelete