Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Coloring Corner: Coloring on Acetate





Coloring on Acetate

by Sharon Jeffs



I haven't played with this technique in a long time but I do love coloring onto acetate!

I began to create this pretty image by stamping the "Johnny Jump-ups" from the Frantic Stamper stamp line with a black Stazon ink onto a piece of acetate. Once the image was dry, I turned the whole piece of acetate upside down; it's best to work on the back, you'll see why at the end!



I then began to color in all the stems and leaves using a pair of Copic markers. I began first with G94 (Grayish Green) then went over the top with G99 (Olive).



I then used Glossy accents (any other clear adhesive will also work) and colored the centres of each of the flowers before sprinkling a pale pink over the top. I then waited until this was touch dry before coloring in each of the flowers with another layer of Glossy accents and sprinkling white glitter over this.



I left everything to thoroughly dry then I used a soft brush over the surface to brush away any excess glitter that has not adhered.  Once that was done, I turned it over and ta-da!! The image was perfectly colored with glitter with all the stamped lines intact!

No comments:

Post a Comment