Friday, June 21, 2013

American Flag Card (Lis Whiting)



American Flag Card
by Lis Whiting


I really love making July Fourth cards for my family.  My dad was in World War II in Italy and Africa, my uncles were in the Pacific and I can even trace my ancestors back to the Revolutionary War!  So Independence Day, Memorial Day - they mean a lot to me.

For today's card, I decided to use a bright red card stock for my card base and add a navy card stock for my mat.  I used Frantic Stamper's Mix and Match Dies - USA to die cut my flags and used the "America" die to cut my word out of gold fold paper.  I backed my flags in silver glitter card stock (the picture doesn't do it justice.  It REALLY sparkles!) One of the things I love about the flag die is that the area where there are supposed to be stars on the flag, they are really tiny little stars!  So cool!



I added a red ribbon bow and done!





Products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment