Friday, November 15, 2013

Design Team Takes on the November Challenge



It is time to share the Frantic Stamper Design Team members challenge inspired works for the month of November, based on this sketch:



Remember that you can participate in this challenge; create something using any Frantic Stamper die or stamp and using the challenge inspiration. Take a photo of your work, upload it, and leave us a link to the photo in a comment to the challenge post. Tell us also how you think your photo meets the challenge.

The winner will be announced at the end of the month.

In the meantime, here are the works created by our team members...





November Sketch Card
by Sharon Jeffs


Its that time of year already and I have been creating lots of Christmas cards to hand out to friends, family and work colleagues.  For this card, I followed the sketches basic layout.  I replaced the flourish with the double Christmas Baubles and added the message at the base.

Both Baubles were cut from patterned papers and lined with different solid colored card so that the color showed through the cut outs.  As a final dedication to Christmas, I added lots of Silver glitter to the tops of the baubles and the first letter of each of the words.







November Challenge / Bless You!
by Rozy


White card base (6 1/2" x 5") Second Layer Blue Metallic Paper (6 3/8" x 4 7/8") Third Layer Blue Swirl ( 6 1/4" x 4 3/4") on the third layer use the Dazzling Diamond Border Die to accent the lower half of the layer and adhere ribbon of choice.

Cut Flag Trio using White Iris Shimmer Sheetz alternating with Blue Metallic paper

Cut Bird Cage using Silver Foil paper, the base is made using the Parisian Lamp Post Die (lower section only) with wood grain paper. Distress the lamp post base with Tim Holtz Distress Marker Gathered Twigs.

Cut Small Birds Die using Blue Swirl & Silver Linen Weave

Cut Peacock Feather Die using Peacock Feathered Glitter paper.

Arrange elements on the card base, adhere when correctly positioned.

Adhere flowers, glitter dots and other embellishments.






Autumn with Hummers (November Sketch Challenge)
by Lis Whiting


I love suede paper with it's rich colors and luxurious feel.  I used a Frantic Stamper doily die and purple suede paper to cut my doily. I used glue stick to attach my suede paper to my card. You would think that suede paper is tough to attach something to but it's very easy to work with.  To add the glue stick to the back of my doily, I tapped the glue stick rather than swiped it.  This avoids any build up in the intricate cuts! I added hummingbirds and the word "Autumn" using gold foil card stock.  My background paper is from Graphic 45. I love the old world feel of this Line.  I was a bit daring and used a bronze glitter card stock as a mat for my card front. My card base is ivory.





Snowy Day
by Kathy Berger


When I designed Twigs the Snowman and the Snowflake Flurry dies for FranticStamper I never imagined how much I would enjoy creating with these dies!

Twigs and all of his accessories are going to be among my favorites for sure! The dies were all cut from white 80# card-stock and parts were colored with Copic Markers, with the exception of the filagree in Twig's abdomen. It was cut from silver card-stock with the Twigs die; the silver abdomen was discarded but all the small pieces from the filagree were saved and carefully pieced back into the abdomen of the white card-stock Twigs.

The large snowflake was made by stacking die-cuts from the two largest dies from the snowflake flurry die set, offset by 30", and then finished with a small pearl in the center.

When I was done assembling my card I added a shimmery, snowy effect by spritzing the card front with a little mist of water mixed with Pearl Perfect Pearls mica powder.

I hope you have enjoyed my Merry snowy day card. And I hope you will think about adding Twigs to your holiday shopping list!

Smiles,
Kathy





Products used by Sharon Jeffs:


Products used by Rozy Smith:
  • Floral Frog
  • Ranger Gathered Twigs Distress Marker
  • Birch Wood Veneer Paper
  • Shimmer Sheetz White Iris, Glitter Papers Prima Flowers, Cabachon Flowers, Polka Dot Ribbon, Butterfly, Starform Turq/Silver Glitter Dots, mini Teal Lettering


  • Products used by Lis Whiting:

    Products used by Kathy Berger:

    1 comment:

    1. Oh wow, I love everybody's cards! Great job with the challenge! Come on ladies let's see some of your creations! Can't wait!

      ReplyDelete