Monday, June 22, 2015

Best Wishes (Kathy Berger)




Best Wishes
by Kathy Berger



I needed to make a card for a dear male friend who is going to have surgery this week. I saw a card made by Debbie Hughes on Pinterest that screamed out to me as the perfect card. This is my version of that card.

I started with the Lattice Flower Square Panel cut out of kraft card stock layered onto a square of kraft the same size. I added a layer of white just a tiny bit bigger than the kraft layer, and popped it up on my white card with foam tape.

I stamped my sentiment (from Frantic Stamper's Arched Banner and Sentiments Clear Stamp Set) with Art Print Brown Memories ink. Note that though the sentiment is arched in the set, because it is a clear stamp I could make it lie straight on my acrylic block. One stamp; multiple ways to use it!

I made a plain white bow using the Small Solid Paper Bow die. I wrapped some fine jute cording around its center and tied it in a bow. I glued it in place at the lower right of my lattice flower panel.



To finish things off I added a tiny pearl to each of the flowers' centers.



I hope you will enjoy my version of Debbie's card. I also hope it will brighten the day of my friend while he is recovering from his surgery.

Here is a last look at my card.




*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-09553
 
FRA-Die-09238
 
FRA-CL-001

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Kathy! I love the texture and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:14 AM

    Beautiful card....I am so bad with masculine cards, so I'm always happy to see ideas for the guys in our lives. Love what you did. I bought the bow die set and I really love the results. So many possibilities with two sided patterned cardstock or solids...like the jute touch you added. FYI...when I mail cards with these bows on them, I cut and roll small pieces of foam and put that in the loops of the bow so they don't flatten out in mailing...works really nicely....I had a piece of some foam packing material I saved...perfect for this and cost me nothing. LOL Thanks for sharing your ideas. Jan D., FL

    ReplyDelete