Saturday, January 16, 2016

3...2...1...Blast Off! (Jen Carter)





3...2...1...Blast Off!
by Jen Carter


I am excited to share with you a new product assortment that is now available from Frantic Stamper. I think you'll find this set of products very versatile.

I wanted to start by sharing a video that I created showcasing the products and then I'll share two cards, one masculine & one feminine.



I hope that video gives you a nice showcase of these new products!  Today, I wanted to show how you can create both feminine and masculine cards with these new products. Let's start first with a more traditional masculine card.

Jen Carter Rocket Out World Blue 1

I started this card with the blue background.  I sponged blue distress inks around the top of the cardstock to create the night sky.  I used VersaMark ink to stamp the stars & milky way swirl from the new The Final Frontier clear polymer stamp set on the background.   After that I started building the rest of the scene.  I started by applying a couple cloud layers cut with the new Stitched Cloud Edgers dies (set of 3).  I didn't adhere the tops of the clouds so that they could be slightly "puffy" on the card for dimension.  I stamped the mix & match sentiment from the new Sentiments from Space stamp set on the clouds.

Jen Carter Rocket Out World Blue Closeup 1

I die cut the rocket, the smoke cloud & the fire with the crazy fun and new Rocket Launch die set (set of 4).  I cut the top of the cone off of the rocket with a few snips (easy to do because there is a line cut into the die there) and added a red nose cone for contrast.  I also mixed & matched the window & the dots on the front.  I stamped the window with one of the 6 window options in the new The Final Frontier clear polymer stamp set.  The great big earth/planet is die cut from the previously released Planet Earth die that I think is super cool!


Now for a feminine, Valentiney card!

Jen Carter Valentine Rocket Moon 1

I cut this rocket from the Rocket Launch die set from patterned paper and for the window I placed vellum behind the cut out. I popped the rocket up with dimensionals. I also cut the tip off of the nose cone and used red cardstock for the tip and for the dots on front.  For the background I used a previously released die called Heartfall.  It made a great background for a love themed/Valentine-like card! I used pink glitter paper behind the cut out hearts.

Jen Carter Valentine Rocket Moon Front 1

I used the swirl die cut from the new Outer Space Die Set (set of 7 dies) to make a rocket trail and also die cut the planet included in that same die set.  The sentiment I used is one of my most FAVORITE because it is one I say to my kids all the time!  It is from the Sentiments from Space stamp set.  I embossed the sentiment directly on the gray cardstock and then embossed the "moon" on a piece of vellum that I attached with dimensionals.

I hope you enjoyed this post. I know it was long!  I look forward to sharing more projects I made using these new space themed products (including the Flying Saucer die that I haven't shared yet!).

Before I go, I want to share a close up of the new stamp sets so that you can see all of the options.


Sentiments from Space 


The Final Frontier



*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-09791
 
FRA-Die-09793
 
FRA-Die-09794
 
FRA-Die-09792
 
FRA-Die-09700
 
FRA-Die-09614
 
FRA-Die-09613
 
FRA-Die-09257
 
FRA-CL-042
 
FRA-CL-041







1 comment:

  1. Jen, the creative ways you have used the space-related dies are absolutely wonderful! And then you top that by using other dies that weren't specifically designed to be used with them, but coordinate beautifully! I absolutely love everything about this post!!

    ReplyDelete