Friday, November 15, 2019

Merry Christmas 2019 (Kathy Berger)



Merry Christmas 2019


by Kathy Berger

This has been a very busy crazy year and I just haven't been able to work on the blog for Frantic Stamper (or my own blog, for that matter). I have been busy making kinetic cards for the monthly card kits from Frantic Stamper along with videos of the cards being made and detailed instructions for making the cards. It has consumed far more time than I expected! So with that, caring for my terminally ill kitty (she passed in July), and then dealing with kittens with resistant ringworm (daily vaccuming, laundry, and more bleach water than one could imagine) and just life in general, I just haven't had the time to edit blog posts. I apologize for dropping the ball. I will be trying to post regularly in 2020, sharing each month's cards from design team members along with links to their blog posts for each card.

As a bit of a start on better habits, here is a Christmas card I made using some great Frantic Stamper products.




This card is an open-front card based on a technique shared by Jennifer McGuire. The clouds were cut from two layers of cardstock and one layer of velum using the Stitched Cloud Builders. The velum cloud layer was sandwiched between the two layers of cardstock cloud. The same was done for the snowy hills, cut using the Stitched Scene Builders. I made a hinge on the left edges of the cloud and the snowy hill layers, and wrapped the hinged portion around a smoky blue piece of cardstock that was 4"x5 1/4" in size.

Next, I cut two copies of one of the Lil' Snowmen and four of the Small Oregon Fir. I added faux snow to two of the trees and colored one of the two snowmen, using a tiny scrap of cardstock behind the face and buttons. I then sandwiched the clouds and hills between the two copies of the snowmen (both with right side facing the outside front of the card) and between the two pairs of trees (again, with right side facing the outside front of the card). Finishing off the front, I added a Script Merry Christmas that I cut out of red cardstock.

I added another little hill shape to the card front and covered it with faux snow. I then layered the card to a 4 1/4"x5 1/2" piece of the same gray-blue cardstock that I embossed with a Swiss Dot embossing folder. I then backed the whole thing with a plain piece of the same gray-blue cardstock to give the back a smooth finish. I stamped a saying from a clear stamp set made by Stampendous on the inside of the card where it is hidden by the snowy hills when the card is closed.



I hope you have enjoyed today's card. I hope to post a few more times before the end of the year, and then more often in the new year!


*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-10725
 
FRA-Die-09492
 
FRA-Die-09249
 
FRA-Die-09794
 
FRA-Die-09403

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to read about your kitty. Sending hugs and deep sympathies - I am a cat lover too. Your snowman card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete